19 October 2017 – Dina attended a (almost) all day retreat to define the mission of the Rutgers Global Health Institute. She contributed to the inclusion of foci in vector-borne diseases and urban health as well as the importance of direct community engagement (will follow up with colleagues she met from the School of Public Health and Information & Communications). The Global health Institute is a new Rutgers venture, the Director, Dr. Richard Marlink joined a year ago.
- Rafael’s ms was accepted in “Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment”
- Heads-up: NJMCA and AMCA meetings
- Exotic hard-tick detected in NJ!
- Investigating the Ecology of Male Aedes polynesiensis in Tetiaroa to Improve Population Eradication using Wolbachia
- Jim Occi lectures at the New Jersey Medical School
- EPA registered Aedes males with a modified Wolbachia for release in DC and 20 US states (including NJ)
Center for Vector Biology
dina.fonseca at rutgers dot edu